Add instances to form cluster in Bitnami openfire

Hi all,

I am trying to have a XMPP server with cluster. I used this AWS Marketplace: Openfire packaged by Bitnami and have an instance running. But I am trying to figure out how can I add instances in here. I launched 2 instances from this subscription from AWS account and logged into the instance. I have also enabled clustering from the instance. But how to connect them to form a cluster?

Any help would be appreciated.

I am looking for inputs on how can I run a sample server with multiple hosts. If you have any other approach, feel free to share.

I’m unfamiliar with the Bitnami-provided package, but generally speaking, you need to set up Openfire, configure both instances to use the same XMPP domain name, and install & configure the Openfire Hazelcast plugin.

Last I checked, multicast (the default mechanism used by the Hazelcast library) is not supported on AWS. If that’s still the case, then you’ll need to reconfigure the Openfire Hazelcast plugin to use TCP connections. How that can be done is documented in the readme file of the Hazelcast plugin.