Add new users to a specific group

Hi,

is there a possibility to add users who sign up via the

“Inband Account Registration” to a specific group which is shared to all users roaster (e.g. visitors).

What I want to accomplish is to have every user who is connected to the server visible to all the other users.

Sorry if this is a client and not a server question. I’‘m quite new to jabber and don’'t know where to look for this issue.

Thankgs,

Markus

Hey Markus,

is there a possibility to add users who sign up via

the

“Inband Account Registration” to a specific group

which is shared to all users roaster (e.g.

visitors).

We currently do not have the ability to automatically add new registered users to a group. You will need to do it manually. If the load of new users it not that high you will be able to handle it manually. Anyway, I think that this is a nice feature to have.

Sorry if this is a client and not a server question.

I’‘m quite new to jabber and don’'t know where to look

for this issue.

Shared groups is related to servers. There is no defined standard for shared group yet so this is more a Messenger only feature.

Regards,

– Gato

Would it be possible to write a plugin that checks if a user is already in a group and if not, add him to one?

Markus,

We are planning on adding at some point support for events. Creating a new user would be an event.

Since we do not have support for those kind of events yet, your plugin would need to poll frequently the user base to detect newly added users. Once you have the newly created users you can add them to the group you want. Once we have support for events you can switch the poll mechanism to use an observer pattern. In this last case your plugin will be notified every time a new user is created and react accordingly. This later alternative is much more efficient than polling.

Regards,

– Gato