Add user properties and notify change

Hi, is there a way to add/set a property (like “kick number”) to an user and notify the change to all client connected that have the user in their roster?

Where are the user staus data stored?

Is there a way to add properties that I can retrieve adding a listener to the roster or to the connection?

Is there a way to add more status to the user ? I mean somethind like … waiting, not at my desk, geo position …

I think that any solution of these questions will work for me.

depends on the server, for jivemessenger you need to write a plugin that handles it

Where are the user staus data stored?

server side, also depends on the server, JM stores it into a database some others do it in memory

Is there a way to add properties that I can retrieve

adding a listener to the roster or to the

connection?

client side, in the actionscript is no problem, the main problem is server side, you need to write a plugin for the properties (they prolly need to be stored/modified server side)

Is there a way to add more status to the user ? I

mean somethind like … waiting, not at my desk, geo

position …

geo pos is a JEP (http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0080.html) i dont know which, if any, servers support it. when it is supported by a server, write client side actionscript for it and your off.

following the xmpp protocol the client can have the following presence.show: chat, away, xa and dnd

but you can use the status to show a description, eg sending a presence with

show:xa and status:“i’'m not at my desk”

I think that any solution of these questions will

work for me.Hi, is there a way to add/set a property (like "kick

number") to an user and notify the change to all

client connected that have the user in their roster?