Our server that was running wildfire broke ( it worked and we had no reason to update)
In reinstalling most recent openfire (3.6.4), things are generally the same. I followed the installation instructions and quickly had a working server and a few test users. The next day when trying to open the admin console I got a failed login. To confirm the basic admin login is user: admin pass: setduringsetup
Things i’ve tried and have failed to address the issue:
- accessed from localhost and 127.0.0.1
- accessed from domain
- accessed from local hostname
- reset admin plain password according to directions found in support forum
- ran setup again resetting admin password
- dropped openfire and reran setup
- purged install and reinstalled
- Does setting the hostname limit the admin console access?
- What is the implication of setting a hostname different from the LAN hostname (Our wildfire server was accessed through WAN domain.)
- Other reasons that admin login would fail?
I would post my logs but there isn’t anything valuable there, just the record of the failed logins in warn.log. First thing I checked.