powered by Jive Software

Admin login fail in console (windows 2003 + wildifire 2.6)

After I install wildfire 2.6 on Windows 2003 server I can setup everything fine: I create the account , users etc… everything works fine. I can log-off and login to the admin console and all it’'s fine.

After the first reboot of the machine I can’'t login as admin to the console . It says username or password incorrect or no admin privileges.

I’'ve tried 3 times to unistall wildfire and re-install it and always the same : first time it works , I can log-off and login to the console as many times I want, buy after the first reboot login fails.

Why ?

Hi Claudio,

very hard to guess why.

Do you see errors in the log files?

Is it possible that the wildfire.xml file can not be written?

Are you starting Wifi as a service or using wildfire.exe? It would be interesting to know if you can stop and start Wifi (without rebooting) and then still login.

Can you login using an XMPP client like Spark using the user admin and it’'s password?

I’‘m running Wifi as a war file in Tomcat and don’'t see such problems.

LG

yes, I can see some errors in info.log (I’'ll attach the script at the end of this reply).

wildfire.xml seems to be ok : it’'s not read only.

I’‘m using wildfire.exe not the service. I’'ve installed wifi 2.60 again and configured it. Tried to login and it was ok.

Then I stopped it (without rebooting this time) and I’‘ve got the same error : can’'t login as admin. Same problem!

No I can’‘t use the admin login from a client (Exodus) : it says that it’'s already in use.


2006.04.09 23:34:04 [org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:108)

] Failed to create new connections on startup. Attempt 0 of 3

java.sql.SQLException: L’'archivio è in uso da un altro processo: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@a63732d[file =C:\Programmi\Wildfire\embedded-db\wildfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: checkHeartbeat(): lock file è presumibilmente in uso da un altro processo.

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.(XMPPServer.java:142)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:88)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:49)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I’'ve just installed the older version 2.5.1 and it seems to work .

Hi,

the "lock file è presumibilmente in uso da un altro processo. " error message usually appears after an unclean shutdown of Wifi while using the embedded database. Stopping and starting it again should solve the problem, no matter which version you are using.

LG

I have the same issue on a W2K Server.

Clean Install of Wildfire 2.6.0

In the setup, I set the password and then open the web interface.

Everything functions perfect.

After stopping and restarting wildfire, the admin login is not recognized.

In my error.log it says

2006.04.10 16:50:56 [org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:108)

] Failed to create new connections on startup. Attempt 0 of 3

java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@c798e4a6[file =C:\Program Files\Wildfire\embedded-db\wildfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: checkHeartbeat(): lock file is presumably locked by another process.

Ending all wildfire processes and restarting it does nothing. Something isn’‘t letting go of the embedded db file and I can’'t tell what it is.

Only uninstall and then a delete of Program Files/Wildfire, then resinstalling allows me to get back into the web interface, but if anything is changed and there is a reboot or restart needed of any kind for either the physical server or for wildfire itself I am dead in the water again.

-Marcus

Same thing …

I confirm it : with wildifire 2.5.1 everything is ok.

With 2.6 version the admin login problem does not disappear

Can you try redownloading 2.6.0 version (AFAIK it was reuploaded after this bug discovering) or just wait for a 2.6.1 which must be out today or tomorrow.

I have downloaded tar.gz version on Friday at ~16:30 GMT +3:00 and zip version late on Friday or even Saturday and both are working fine so far.