Admin notification when a new user account registration

Pardon if this is a newbie question…

I’'m currently migrating from jabberd 1.4 on linux to the very wonderful, godsend Jive Messenger for Windows. (everything tastes better with GUI on top). Anyway…

In Jabberd, when a new user created an account for himself, I would get an “event notification” pop-up in Exodus telling me so. Is there a way to do this in Jive Messenger?

No, not currently, but that’'s another good idea for a plugin.

Matt/Gato,

Could we start using JIRA to track plugin ideas/requests?

Thanks,

Ryan

Could we start using JIRA to track plugin

ideas/requests?

Yep, good idea. I created a “Plugins” category in JIRA.

Thanks,

Matt

In Jabberd, when a new user created an account for himself, I would get an “event >>notification” pop-up in Exodus telling me so. Is there a way to do this in Jive >>Messenger?

That’'s a great idea!

Hi All,

I’'ve added this plugin request to JIRA as JM-170.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that I checked a registration notification plugin into cvs last week that allows Messenger to send a notification to a specified user whenever a new user attempts to register. This plugin requires the next version of Messenger, 2.1.3, so if you want to use it you’'ll have checkout the plugin source from cvs and either use the latest nightly build of Messenger or checkout its source from cvs as well.

I’'d love to get some feedback on it so if anyone is feeling adventuress and decides to try it please let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan