After building the source code how to get running openfire?

I’m a newbie, so sorry for that dumb question:

In this document

http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/source-b uild.html#tasks

the building process is described but what is to do next to get the new openfire running? Do I have to copy new files or run somehow install openfire (I used .dmg for installing Openfire for OSX)

Thanks!

For Windows compile script creates a batch file somewhere in the build or work folder (can’t check now, but maybe in the work folder). Maybe it has something similar for OSX. Or you can find openfire.jar and try just replacing it in your installed version (making copy of the old one of course). Usually it is enough to change just this file.

I was wrong, it is actually in there target\openfire\bin. There is openfire.sh which i think should work on OSX. And openfire.jar is here target\openfire\lib.

I have found a way out.

1. Pull the “openfire” directory from /opt/openfire_src/target, [if you have compiled openfire source code from location /opt/openfire_src] , or whatever location it gives of “target” after compilation.

2. Put this direcotry at /opt/ , hence we have HOME as /opt/openfire.

3. Now, either give full permission to /opt/openfire direcotry and subdirectories [chmod -R 777 /opt/openfire]

and go to “/opt/openfire/bin/extra/redhat” and treat “openfire” as starter. [./openfire start]

and you can also stop it gracefully using ./openfire stop.

OR

Create a user and group “jive” and and make the /opt/openfire as the ownership as “jive”. and go to “/opt/openfire/bin/extra/redhat” and treat “openfire” as starter. [./openfire start]

and you can also stop it gracefully using ./openfire stop.

Thanks