After upgrade from 3.2.0 beta to 3.2.0, Server to Server connection problem

Hi all,

I am using wildfire for about 1 year, there are 4 more servers that I connect via S2S, after the upgrade from 3.2.0 rc2 to 3.2.0 I face with problems. here are my logs, instead of printing all of the logs I will just add the ones that I think might be responsible (before, I did not get such messages). before in rc2 I use UBUNTU 5.10 and I migrate it to openSuse 10.2,

ERROR.LOG

2007.02.14 12:03:09 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:258) Error trying to connect to remote server: hotmail.com(DNS lookup: hotmail.com:5269

Hi,

is it possible that openSuse 10.2 installs a local firewall which blocks access to these servers?

Or are you using an old version of the gateway plugin?

I hope that “hotmail.com:5269” is not really the host name Wildfire tries to connect to using a s2s connection as hotmail may use the MSN protocol and not XMPP.

LG

thanks for your reply,

but I think finally I found the real problem about S2S connection. I have installed Xen Domain under my open SuSE 10.2, inside my virtual machine I installed Wildfire 3.2.0 and migrate it from my ubuntu Xen to SuSE 10.2 xen machine, inside virtual machine there is a port conflict or something like this about xen kernel.

it is a really strange problem, it was working on Ubuntu virtual xen 3.0 server after the upgrade 3.0.3 xen on Open suse 10.2 I was not able to connect to remote Jabber servers and I saw errors like hotmal:5269 … if anyone knows about solution I would be thankful,

Zoorpha

hi folks,

actually the problem is about packet sizes that send between servers, and the routers packet size interaction… here is the solution it is specific to openSuSE 10.2

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Problem_with_establishing_TCP/IP_connection_in_openSU SE_10.2

thanks for your replies,