After Upgrade Hazelcast Plugin Cluster not working

HI,

after ugrade from version 1.2 to 2.3 of hazelcast plugin, the cluster not working.

In the admin console retrieve this error
"Failed to start or join an existing cluster. Check the error log for more information. "

In log files
mar 28, 2018 12:52:34 PM com.hazelcast.config.ClasspathXmlConfig
INFO: Configuring Hazelcast from ‘hazelcast-cache-config.xml’.
mar 28, 2018 12:52:34 PM com.hazelcast.config.AbstractConfigBuilder
WARNING: Could not find a value for property ‘openfireHome’ on node: resource

What is your Openfire version?

4.0.2. Integrated with bmc product.

With the version 1.2 of hazelcast, the clustering is disable. With 2.3 is possible to enable, but retrieve this error

The reason for this error message is that the environment variable openfireHome is not defined. It’s referenced in hazelcast-cache-config.xml in the form

<import resource="${openfireHome}/conf/hazelcast-local-config.xml"/>

Now, I would expect openfireHome to be defined (e.g. /opt/openfire, C:\Program Files\Openfire) as part of normal startup. I wonder if BMC do some re-packaging with their Remedy product that means this is not defined (https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/smartIT13/Installing+Chat+on+a+remote+server)

Either way, defining it appropriately should fix your problem.

If it’s a BMC problem, BMC need to update their docs/packaging.

If not all regular installations define openfireHome, then it probably needs looking at.

[Edit; manually escape the XML!]

Thanks for the reply.
I omitted an information; this is an enviroment production on windows server.

You still need to make sure the openfireHome environment variable is defined.

Hi to all
thanks for replies.

My original Openfire 3.9.3 use Hazelcast 1.2 plugin.

Now, in the new version 4.0.2 the cluster is disabled and can not be activated.

With Hazelcast 2.3 is pobbible to activate the cluster but i found this errod in console
"Failed to start or join an existing cluster. Check the error log for more information. "

are the versions compatible?

Hazelcast plugin v, 2.3 should work with OF 4.0.2, but you need to make sure the openfireHome environment variable is defined.

Hazelcast plugin v, 2.3 will not work with OF 3.9.3.