powered by Jive Software

AIM transport sending multiple copies of the same message

I’m experiencing an issue in which the aim transport is sending multiple copies of the same message. When I tested it a few minutes ago, I was getting 9 copies of each message that was sent to me via AIM. I’m using IM Gateway version 1.1.1, and openfire version 3.3.2. This appears to be Gateway bug # 243, which is marked as closed. I’ve commented on this bug saying that I’m still experiencing the issue, and hope somebody can give me some insight here. The bug that I think I’m experiencing is here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/GATE-243

What version of Java are you running? And also, did you just recently upgrade from a pre-1.1.0 version and, if so, did you restart your server entirely after upgrading?

I’m using the sun JDK, java version 1.5.0_11-b03.

I did just update from 1.1.0, and I don’t believe I have restarted openfire since then. I will try that and let you know how it goes.

I just restarted openfire. The multiple copies issue is not currently occuring, but it didn’t always happen right after the server had been started in the past. I will post here again if it happens again. Thanks for your help.

Edit Aug 29th:

I have been running it for 24 hours now, and everything seems to be working fine. I think that’s a fix. Thanks a lot.