All in one

Hi,

I’'m testing Openfire 3.3.0 Enterprise (with the 30 days trial key) in Linux in my company, to see if it fits we buy it.

I have about 300 users.

Is it possible for a user to invite the others, let’'s say 299, in a single shot ?

It’'s a hard job to invite 299 one by one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Mário Gamito

SPARK-111

Let’'s wait for 2.5.3 (btw Beta should be out soon) and see if that helps. Maybe Ctrl-A or Ctrl + click or Shift + click would work. Though i need to Ctrl click just group names to make a broadcast or invite.

gamito wrote:

Is it possible for a user to invite the others, let’'s say 299, in a single shot ?

This function would be useless to all, cause it’'s your environment specific. I dont need to invite all others, and i think most of users dont need this. So we better ask for better invite/broadcast/groups handling in overall.

Hi Mario,

what do you want to do? I see no reason to invite 300 users as this makes little sense.

LG

Hi,

Ok, let’'s cut the 300 down to 30.

The question remains the same.

Is it possible for a user to invite the other 29 all in a single shot ?

This is a question coming from an upper level than mine.

I’‘m just the system’'s administrator, if i make myself clear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Mário Gamito

Hi Mário,

while 30 users are still much, do you want to use the existing features within Spark to invite some selected users or a whole roster group to a conference or are you looking for something completely different?

I hope that you did at least install Spark to test its features.

LG

it2000 wrote:
do you want to use the existing features within Spark to invite some selected users or a whole roster group to a conference or are you looking for something completely different?

personally i want to be able to select (doesnt matter for what, broadcast or invite) any users i want, could be whole roster. Should be possible in 2.5.3. But selecting group names would be perfect. Cause i rather select 3 group names than 20 users in every group to make a broadcast or invite. Now i launch Exodus to do so.

there is some workaround though. First, you should select two users in one group, right click, press Start Conference. In new dialog press Roster, and press Ctrl-A and OK. So you’'ll send invite to all users in your roster. But that seems a bit unconvinient and i dont see groups so cant be sure which group every user belongs to.

Hi it2000,

I want to invite selected users.

As for Spark, sure that’‘s what i’'m using

Best Regards,

Mário Gamito

Message was edited by: gamito