All kinds of weird stuff with openarchive

hey all – I have been having issues loading the openarchive plugin from the admin console. after renaming the file to archive.jar and selecting it for upload in the console i get an error message across the top saying that the plugin could not be loaded. on accident i found a way around this by placing the archive.jar in the program files\openfire\plugins directory. when i do it this way i can see openarchive in the installed plugins location via the web console. however, after checking the logs it seems that it doesnt really load up properlly. i will post the errors at the end of this post. when using the search feature from the admin console the magnifying glass at the ens of the search criteria doesnt work, and no matter what i place inside the search boxes, it will produce no results. if i hit search without anything in the boxes, it will show me all the conversations, but there will be 2 entries for each. one showing everything that UserA has typed, and one showing everything that UserB has typed; but it wont mix the 2 properlly. I assume this is less of an issue with openarchive, and more of an issue with Openfire, so i will post the error logs here and hopefully some of you have had similar experiences, and can help me through this.

<<< ERROR LOG >>>

2007.11.19 14:14:14 [ com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.ArchivePlugin.initializePlugin(ArchivePlugin .java:76)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire\archive\index\segments (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput$Descriptor.<init>(FSDirectory.java:4 30)

at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.<init>(FSDirectory.java:439)

at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openInput(FSDirectory.java:329)

at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:45)

at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java:146)

at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:99)

at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:141)

at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:136)

at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java:47)

at com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.impl.LuceneIndexManager.createIndexSearcher( LuceneIndexManager.java:100)

at com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.impl.LuceneIndexManager.<init>(LuceneI ndexManager.java:66)

at com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.ArchivePlugin.initializePlugin(ArchivePlugin .java:72)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :436)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:975)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.11.19 14:14:30 [ org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.java :87)

Line=19 The content of element type “dwr” must match “(init?,allow?,signatures?)”.