Android Client on private server

@kate_smith my config is nothing different from default. 4.5.1 with Lets encypt SSL cert for the external, and 0.95 meeting plugin. The only change is set the root to / rather than /ofmeet and added the brady view option menu option.

OKayyy…..…!!!

My problem is not quite the same … in fact it’s not at all the same, but it is an Android Client problem on a private server and I’m hoping someone who has read this thread might have some insight.

We have Openfire 4.5.1 and Openfire Meetings 0.9.5 on a Fedora 30 server, and everything is working wonderfully … except:

• Android devices join meetings as expected (using Desktop settings) as along as the connection is via wifi
  • However if the Android devices join a meeting though a cellular service (with data) they have no sound or video and appear as boring avatars to other meeting members

In itself this is a rather silly trivial problem, however we installed the same application(s) on an Amazon Cloud Server and the Android cellular connections work perfectly, just like the other connections.

Any suggestions (constructive preferably) would be greatly appreciated especially if they can preserve some of my sanity.

@SweetLew your issue sounds like a NAT pinholing issue. Can you advise what ports you have forwarded on your router or have you placed the server on a DMZ? In regards to relation to my issue, I have no problems when using Chrome on Android in desktop mode, but only using the app. Issue is with apparent with wifi and cellular data.

Thank you for the quick reply Texynz. It’s nice to feel like someone is sharing my frustration, especially during this Covid-19 Chaos.

Our initial thoughts were the same as yours. So we re-configured our network like this:

• our Linux Firewall (VM Host) is connected directly to our Internet Service Provider
  • a public IP address is used exclusively for the Openfire Virtual Machine
  • All ports on the public IP are being routed to the Virtual Machine
  • the only shaping on this public IP address is a preroute/DNAT in, and a postroute/SNAT out

The network traffic ‘looks’ correct, but we don’t know what we’re actually looking for. We would like to get a look a the incoming traffic on the Amazon server (the one that works) but we don’t have access to that, and paying Amazon for this kind of support seems entirely contradictory to the concept of ‘open source’

It’s not a huge problem; but it’s really irritating.

Thanks for the reply

BTW My issue/doubt is resoled now!

Regards..

I do have a win10 VM set up, but the array needs to be running for that to work.
Can li mac izle
VidMateApp.win