Another day, another MSN failure

Any sugguestions on this? The MSN gateway has been working flawlessly for almost 3 days, and today I try to login and get the following:

: Unknown error from MSN: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

msn.my.server.com: Disconnected from MSN servers: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): exceptions.AttributeError: ‘‘NoneType’’ object has no attribute ‘‘getAttribute’’

]

Thanks for any help you can provide.

An update… the transport is still flakey. It came up after a few minutes and asked for me to authorize everyone on my MSN list. After doing that, I could see all my MSN buddies online. After another 20 or 30 minutes, the transport went down, but my buddie list of MSN users stayed up. Every time I try to connect to the transport currently, I get the same message that I posted earlier.

For what it’‘s worth, I’‘ve started seeing MSN problems as well. There was a mild MSN protocol change and I’‘m wondering if JML is not handling it right. My buddy over with PyMSNt already fixed the issue so I’‘m pinging him about “what changed”. =) There’'s been an issue open for this for a bit now: GATE-77

Is there any further information I can provied that would help getting this issue resolved easier? Is there a time estimate on when you might have a fix available? Great work on the gateway plug-in in general. It is so much nicer than having to pair pyMSNt with wildfire.

I can confirm that msn is acting strangely at the moment.

in different clients (jwchat - exodus - psi) all seem to be effected.

in the client the transport seems to go offline, but in fact the user is not offline, if you send a message to the user

it will be deliverd.

I believe I’‘ve caught what’'s causing this and it will be fixed for beta 4 (to be released tomorrow)

That is just great, will be on the lookout for this beta4

Crap. I’‘m still getting disconnects on and off from MSN. (typically on login) Theoretically the patch I made should avoid issues with being disconnected at -other- times, but there still seems to be -something- amiss. Either that or MSN’'s servers are just flaky lately.

If it helps, I am using Spark 2.0.3 when I get the errors. I was able to login successfully this morning, so we shall see how it goes. Is there anything I can add to this thread to give you more information on what might be going wrong? If so, let me know. Thanks for getting on this so quickly.

On the msn server issue…I can verify that they are not since there are users around me who are connected with the native MSN client and GAIM and they are not getting disconnected when I am via wildfire.

Of course I am seeing the opposite here. I was getting disconnected left and right via a real MSN client. (last night) None-the-less. I did notice one interesting thing last night. On my Mac, I tried to connect with the MSN client I have on there and it denied me. I -had- to upgrade to 6.whatever to connect. I suspect this is related to what I was running into.

I am starting to think it might have something to do with how the presence is maintained or the session is kept-alive. I can open spark, and on initial login, MSN shows me on. After about 5 minutes, I get the alert from the MSN gateway that supplied at the begining at this thread.

I shutdown the wildfire server, deleted the gateway 1.0 beta3 and copied the .jar for 1.0 beta4 and restarted the server. I like the ideas for custom configs for each gateway. WHen I try to delete or add a registration I get a big nasty error. I also am now completely unable to connect to the MSN transport via Spark 2.0.4. I have closed the client and tried to connect with GAIM to verify that MSN was working, and I could login that way, but the gateway seems un-responsive. Any suggestions?

On a side note, thank you for compressing the .jar down to 400k instead of the 1.6 MB that it was.

After a couple more restarts of the wildfire service and my spark client, it is connecting now. I had to re-add the user info to spark’'s transport connection icon and then close spark and restart it. Thanks for the quick turn around on this.

reuben.brown wrote:

On a side note, thank you for compressing the .jar down to 400k instead of the 1.6 MB that it was.

Don’'t thank me! =) Thank Matt! He did some magic to make things compress quite a bit more! (for all of the plugins)

reuben.brown wrote:

After a couple more restarts of the wildfire service and my spark client, it is connecting now. I had to re-add the user info to spark’'s transport connection icon and then close spark and restart it. Thanks for the quick turn around on this.

Hrm. That’‘s a tad odd. I’‘m glad it’'s working but try to keep this in your mind when the next beta comes out and if it occurs again, be sure to let me know!