Any way to stop displaying user''s email addresses?

Here I am again, with yet another question

I’‘ve noticed that when user’‘s do a search for other users, the other users email addresses are appearing. Some of my users will not be happy with this (it’'s getting them I guess from the integrated database table and the set-up in wildfire.xml). Is there any way I can stop this happening?

Thanks

D.

Hi,

it’'s the email which is stored in the jiveuser table and not the one in the vcard. Wildfire offers the ability to search for the email address, name and username and one can currently not configure which columns or vcard entries should be searchable. So I assume that you must edit their accounts using the web admin console (or plain sql, purge the Wifi db cache after using sql), the users do not have an option to remove it as far as I know.

LG

Hi.

We’'re not using the jive users table however, but have integrated a different mySQL database table. I notice in the wildfire.xml file under the jdbcUserProvider tag that the

Hi,

for the embedded database which I did use for testing Wildfire does not check whether email is valid or not, so “” (Not set), "foo@example.com" and “foo bar” are possible. It seems that name, username and email are treated equal as strings. So it should not cause problems for you if you select another, empty varchar column. I did not test this with a remote database anyhow.

LG

Hi.

I have tried changing the SQL query in wildfire.xml and you’'re correct, this works. I used SELECT firstname, CONCAT(username, ‘’@example.com’’) as emailadd FROM osdate_user WHERE username=? as my query. Also replaced the tag so as the right data was pulled through.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

Message was edited by: waveyuk