Any way to use Spark on my Android phone?

Hi all,

We use Spark as our in-house IM service on our network, and I’m wondering if there is a way to run it on my Droid Incredible? WHether there is a Spark Android client in the works, or an app like Trillian that brings multiple accounts together and would work with Spark on my in-house network. ANy help would be grestly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Wells

Hi Mike,

Spark isn’t able to run on the Android platform so you’ll need to look for a different client that supports Jabber/XMPP. There’s a number of mobile clients available for you to choose from but good place to start would be BeeJive (not related to Jive Software). After that, I’d suggest Googling for “jabber android” to see what other options are out there.

Good luck,
Ryan

2 Likes

Is Spark capable of running Windows Mobile 6.5?

(Didn’t want to open up another topic for that…)

Thanks Ryan, that gives me a direction to head in. If I get it working with our system, I’ll let you guys know.

I appreciate the help!

No, it will not. When looking for applications to run on mobile devices it’s best to look for ones that were developed for a given platform, be it iOS, Android, BlackBerry, etc. Often times companies will develop mobile versions of their desktop software but to have the same piece of software run on both desktops and mobile devices is at this point is pretty much unheard of.

Try imo instant messenger

It is great field and hope we all work on it and develop a lot of good features based over LBS.