Apple iChat is unable to connect to Jive Messenger

Hi,

After upgrading from Jive 2.1.4 to 2.3.0, I’‘m unable to connect to Jive from an iChat client. At first I thought something was wacked on that one machine and didn’‘t give it much thought. But now I’'ve verified with a different machine and a different account.

Below is a snippet from the debug log.

Any thoughts?

-Rick

2005.11.29 16:09:59 Connect Socket[addr=/172.25.60.148,port=49182,localport=5222]

2005.11.29 16:09:59 Error sending packet to remote server:

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:136)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSes sionPromise.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSessio nPromise.java:94)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Also, not sure if this helps, but I have security turned off:

Server > Security Settings > Client Connection Security > Custom > SSL and TLS both set to off.

Hi,

Just ran up latest build from SVN and connected using iChat to my local JM. I set the security as you described and it all worked!

So perhaps there is a problem with the upgrade or network changes? At this point it does not seem to be a JM problem, but a configuration problem.

Conor.