powered by Jive Software

Apple iChat is unable to connect to Jive Messenger

Hi,

After upgrading from Jive 2.1.4 to 2.3.0, I’‘m unable to connect to Jive from an iChat client. At first I thought something was wacked on that one machine and didn’‘t give it much thought. But now I’'ve verified with a different machine and a different account.

Below is a snippet from the debug log.

Any thoughts?

-Rick

2005.11.29 16:09:59 Connect Socket[addr=/172.25.60.148,port=49182,localport=5222]

2005.11.29 16:09:59 Error sending packet to remote server:

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:136)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSes sionPromise.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSessio nPromise.java:94)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Also, not sure if this helps, but I have security turned off:

Server > Security Settings > Client Connection Security > Custom > SSL and TLS both set to off.

Hi,

Just ran up latest build from SVN and connected using iChat to my local JM. I set the security as you described and it all worked!

So perhaps there is a problem with the upgrade or network changes? At this point it does not seem to be a JM problem, but a configuration problem.

Conor.