Architecture documentation

Hi All,

I have started a small project to customize Jive to integrate with other functionality in my project. I have 1 day experience with Jive including download and install etc and I am in love with it already. Hopefully I would be able to add value to this effort in near future.

As a starting point I am looking for a architecture document that can explain me the bigger picture about Jive. At one point I found a doc talking about architecture for v 1.5 (I think). Do we have some documentation that can help me for v2.2.2 ? OR atleast point me to latest architecture document.

cheers

Gaurav Mantro

Gaurav,

There isn’‘t a dedicated architecture document, but your post inspired me to start working on some. Attached is the first very high-level overview diagram. I’'m going to work on a diagram that shows more detail about internal packet-routing as a next step.

-Matt

this topic sound is nice news.matt,I voted it

Yeah, some high-level diagrammes/docs would be nice. Is there a wiki?

There is a knowledge base, but it’'s kind a hidden

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/index.jspa

There is a knowledge base, but it’'s kind a hidden

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/index.jspa

Yeah, we’‘re getting enough content in there now that I’'m planning on un-hiding it very soon.

-Matt

Matt,

If I can be of help, I will be glad to spend some time to help with the process. I can benefit from getting a better understanding of the architecture and in the return community can gain from the architecture information. As I get more knowledgable about the Jive, I will be looking forward to make more contributions. Would like to know your thoughts.

regards

Gaurav Mantro

Matt,

What about adding the plugins in the architecture? Maybe component interface should be better shown.

Michael

Michael and gmantro,

Thanks for your interest and help with the architecture info! Michael – I like your idea of including plugins. However, I’'d definitely love to have a simpler initial diagram for people to try to parse.

-Matt

Michael

Thanks for your share.