ArchiveIndexer.updateIndex(ArchiveIndexer.java:287) FileNotFoundException

Hello!

We’‘ve just deployed a clean install of Openfire 3.3.0 Enterprise. We have had Openfire Opensource running for quite some time with little to no problems. We’'re running this on Windows Server 2003 with MS SQL, Active Directory integration.

I just noticed this error appearing in the new install…

2007.04.18 14:40:14 [com.jivesoftware.openfire.enterprise.archive.ArchiveIndexer.updateIndex(Archiv eIndexer.java:287)

]

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Openfire\enterprise\search\segments (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.(IndexModifier.java:111)

at com.jivesoftware.openfire.enterprise.archive.ArchiveIndexer.updateIndex(Archive Indexer.java:228)

at com.jivesoftware.openfire.enterprise.archive.ArchiveIndexer$2.run(ArchiveIndexe r.java:153)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

It looks like your search index (for archiving) is corrupted. Would you first confirm that you have the following folder on your system, and the OpenFire can write to it: C:\Program Files\Openfire\enterprise\search?

If so, would you then log into the admin console, select Enterprise>Archiving Settings>Rebuild Index (very bottom of page, you will have to scroll).

This should fix the index and get rid of the error.

Thanks for the reply… I checked for the folder and it was there… i regenerated the index, and the error still popped up.

I’'m wondering if it was due to 0 chat activity since it was a brand new, unused install. I just logged in 2 clients and will keep you posted if that resolves the error.

This error went away only after users logged onto our new server and began to chat. So I’‘m guessing some files containing message activity weren’'t created yet, making the archive fail.