As3

Hi,

Is XIFF compatible with AS3 ?

no. a port is coming shortly.

im working with sean voisen and it should not be too long.

Update: Nick has the first working version of the port checked into Subversion, and we’'re just working through the bugs to get it into shape for an official release.

Hi,

I am very excited about this port and I was wondering if I could get a link to the svn. That would be just awesome.

Thanks,

Srini

direct link to XIFF AS Port is:

http://svn.jivesoftware.org/svn/repos/xiff/branches/AS3

to browse the SVN you will need Tortoise SVN, you can get the latest version here:

to test the project:

1. copy the “xiffPort.as” file and the contents of “org” directory from the SVN into your project directory.

2. import xiffPort into your project

3. launch the constructor function “new xiffPort();” and watch the trace window.

The port works with the basic functionality. But there is still a lot of work to be done, such as fixing variable and return types (for ex. Void to void), fixing missing include links (for ex. XMLNode).

Thanks a bunch. I am going to try it out today and leave feedback.

This is the wrong repository. We will give out the correct location shortly.

Hi Nick,

Looking forward to it. Do you guys have kind off a release date in mind.

Also could I work with the code provided in the svn (above) ? Is it safe to do initial communication and chat working ?

Regards,

Srini

The included documentation has not been rewritten yet, and the event model has changed. Also, I am currently experimenting with using a Binary Socket connection instead of the XML Socket, so you would be taking a chance that it might break what ever you are building.

As far as a release date is concerned I need to check with Sean… but it should not be too long… couple weeks I imagine.

I’‘m hoping a couple weeks. I’'m trying to get a roadmap and bug list setup in the JIRA bug tracker for XIFF at http://www.jivesoftware.org/issues

ohh I see.

Are there specific things I should definitely not use in the initial SVN AS3 code ?

At this point all I want to do is.

1. Make an account on the fly i.e. be able to register a user to my wildfire server.

2. and be able to chat amongst the users.

Would the current svn code handle that ?

Hi Nick

Is there anything I can do to help too ? I am ok ok with Actionscript 2/3 coding.

yes… it will handle that for sure. -nick

as soon as we release it… any suggestions are welcome…

if you find something we missed we’'ll definately work it in.

thanks for the offer…

//nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering what all functionality I can safely use with the current SVN AS3 code. I was wondering if you could list them, if thats not too much trouble. That would be awesome !

Thanks a bunch. This is one of the most responsive forum that I have used.

Srini

XMPPConnection

Roster

Presence

… this includes all extensions associated with it (ie auth, forms, iq, presence)

look in events dir to see what is firing…

//nick

Awesome Thanks !

Nick,

I noticed that roster users are Object type and are mixed with other properties.

Shouldn’‘t you have an Array or ArrayCollection for that? and also, shouldn’'t they be typed objects, like “User” type?

Hi Nick,

I am getting the following error.

2006.09.08 18:26:39 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java :104)

] Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.1.10,port=1126,localport=5222]

and warning

2006.09.08 18:26:39 Closing session due to bad_namespace_prefix in stream header. Prefix: null.

Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@56182f socket: Socket[addr=/192.168.1.10,port=1126,localport=5222] session: null

When I try to connect through the XMPConnection.

I am not sure why I am getting this error.

Regards

Roster is an ArrayCollection in the current version, as well as Room. The AS3 version was an early test… looks like it was earlier than I though. I would recommend waiting until the official release sorry…