As3

Hi Nick, Sean

Why is it that the Xiff Client logs me off after a certain amount of idle time. I am not able to figure this out. Could you please point me to the code or the wildfire settings where I can make it so that the user never logs off even after a big idle time.

Regards,

Srini

Its not the client that logs you off. If you want to not get logged off have the client “ping” the server with a time request or something…

What is the cleanest way to ping ? I mean … can we do it through xiff … could you help me out in this area …

Could I write something like this in XMPPConnection.as

where I can have a timer that sets it off every 3-4 minutes to send blank xml to the wildfire server…

I am assuming that since it is not a correct xml stanza for XMPP, the wildfire server will just drop the packet, but it will not disconnect the user right ?

I realized that the best way to ping/pong is to message yourself and then negate the message before showing it … I fixed this problem … and it seems to be working fine …

Is it possible to make Chatrooms or groupchat on the fly using Xiff … ?

Sure is…

http://velloff.com/XIFF_AS3/XIFF_AS3_GUI.html

log in and click “Create Multi User Chat Room” … then “Create Room” on the popup window…

this was all done using the new xiff beta library…

Hi Nick

I knew about that … but I was looking throug the AS3 library … I couldnt find a function that said createRoom or something … in the Room.as

var myRoom:Room = new Room();

myRoom.setRoomJID("name@conference.server.com");

myRoom.roomName = “flizzash”;

myRoom.setConnection(_myXMPPConnection);

myRoom.join();

myRoom.invite(_jid, “Please join my group chat!”);

myRoom.leave();

myRoom.destroy(“Room is closed.”);

hth,

nick

internal function setupInviteListener() : void {

il = new InviteListener(conn);

_il.addEventListener(InviteEvent.INVITED, handleInvite);

}

internal function handleInvite(e:InviteEvent) : void {

Alert.show(“Got Invite Event”);

}

this is in the xiffclient.as file … that was provided. when I do send the invite event … which is

room.invite(jid + “@” + JSERVER + “/xiff”, “Join my Room”);

It doesnt seem to receive the invite event … i.e. I dont see the Got Invite Event message popup. Am I doing something wrong ?

Hi Nick

Is there a way to make the connection secure with XML Sockets ? The passwords are being sent in clear text. Is there a way to encrypt or use SSL ?

Regards,

schandra,

It won’‘t happen because flash doesn’‘t support secured xml sockets. If you want a secure connection you will have to go the polling route (https requests) instead of a socket connection, but I don’'t think Wildfire as it is supports that protocol yet, so you would have to find some third party bridge.

I have talked to Adobe extensively about this and they say you won’'t see secured xml sockets anytime soon.

-Dan

Hi Nick / Sean,

It would be so great if you could thought some insight…on the following…

How do you get your buddies list and update in the roster ?.

How do I get the rooms list from the server.?

I am currently using the XIFF beta for AS3… any helo would be highly appreciated…

cheers

viv