Asterisk 1.2 and Asterisk-IM

Hi all,

I am starting this thread to see if anyone else is currently using Asterisk-IM against Asterisk 1.2. I orginally wrote Asterisk-IM against version 1.0.x, which seems to work great minus a couple of presence issues.

There seems to be some issues with Asterisk-1.2 and the orginate manager command (Dialing). I will attempt to resolve this issues early next month (after forums 5.0 development ends).

I just recently upgraded our PBX Asterisk 1.2, it seems that presence still works correctly for the most part, but dialing is now broken. Is this the same experience everyone else is having?? If anyone has debug information (logs, asterisk manager output) it would be great help in resolving some of these issues, since I haven’'t had time to delve into them yet.

For people seriously needing Asterisk-IM dialing functionality to work, I recommend the following setup.

• Asterisk 1.0.x

• Redhat 9.0 (works best with 1.0.x)

• Spark 1.1.0

• Wildfire 2.5.0

Sorry for any inconvience, and the slow progress at getting a new release of Asterisk-IM. I should have the chance to take care of the current issues in jira, and perhaps add a few new features in the next few weeks.

Cheers and Best Wishes,

Andrew

P.S. Thanks all of you that have been helping resolve issues in this forum, the effort is very much appreciated.

Hello,

We are using Asterisk 1.2.4 (with bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1k). Just installed wildfire 2.5.0 and Asterisk-IM 1.0.0 on the server and Spark 1.1.1 on my workstation.

Dialing using Spark does work fine with my SIP phone (Action/Dial Number).

While talking, Spark shows a “On the phone” pop-up window and the presence is changed to “away”. Hanging up reverts presence to “online” again and closes the pop-up window.

Notification of incoming calls is only working when the ‘‘o’’ option is used with Dial() in the Asterisk dialplan (this restores the 1.0 behaviour where the caller-id of the called channel is set to the caller-id of the calling channel). No info (i.e. caller-id number/name) is shown for external calls, except “Your phone is ringing”. In case you are you triggering on the Newchannel event:

Event: Newchannel

Privilege: call,all

Channel: SIP/38-d34e

State: Ringing

CallerID: +4369938154711

CallerIDName: My Name

Uniqueid: 8a.5

Let me know if I can help with any other information.

Regards,

Mike

Hello Andrew,

I am currently running Asterisk 1.2.1.

Yesterday I downloaded and installed wildfire 2.5.1, spark 1.1.3 and Asterisk-IM 1.0.

I do not have a FQDN so I am using the ip address of the machine that is running * and wildfire(same machine). I have a problem with the features of *-im in that I do not have the dial option under actions (i have read on this forum that this is a fqdn issue).

Perhaps my installation was faulty. In reading the docs I was unsure of the following line:

1. Configure the asterisk manager connection on the PBX Integration page.[/i]

Where is this integration page?

Thanks,

Graham

Andrew-

I believe that we are running into the issue you describe. Presence seems to work correctly, but outbound calls do not. I’‘ll gather version info, etc… tomorrow when I’'m in the office, but if you have anything specific that you need in the way of logs, etc… I should be able to get them for you.

• K

Wooops - just noticed that A-IM (not AIM!) 1.1 beta was comitted yesterday - I’'ll get that working then try the outbound calls again.

Message was edited by: trumpetinc