Asterisk-IM plugin fails to load

I’'m running Wildfire 2.5.1 and attempting to install the latest version of the Asterisk-IM plugin.

I drop the asterisk-im.jar file into the plugins directory, i see the folder get created, and then get the following entries in the Info and Error logs repeat over and over:

Info Log:

2006.04.21 13:54:49 Initializing Asterisk-IM Plugin

Error Log:

2006.04.21 13:54:49 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:354)

] Error loading plugin

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.closeResultSet(Ljava/sql/ResultSe t;)V

at org.jivesoftware.phone.database.DatabaseUtil.tablesExist(DatabaseUtil.java:194)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.database.DatabaseUtil.upgradeDatabase(DatabaseUtil.java: 39)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.init(AsteriskPlugin.java:97)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.initializePlugin(AsteriskPlugin. java:87)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :281)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:658)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I’'ve tried restarting the server, but the same errors occur, and the plugin does not load. What can I do to solve this issue?

Asterisk-IM should actually be used with Wildfire 2.6.x. The minimum version the jar mentions is incorrect. Please upgrade Wildfire.

Thanks, I’'ll give that a try late tonight and report back with the results.

Yup, that took care of the problem.

But now it seems in having the same situation as a lot of other people - even after making the sip relationships and having functioning “on the phone” status changes, I don’'t have any dial features or notifications in Spark.