Asterisk-IM show users as offline

I have installed Jive 2.3.0 beta1 along with Asterisk-IM plugin.

They are all working.

I have two sip clients registering on Asterisk, namely 5400 and 5402.

I created 2 users in JIVE as walter-eyebeam and walter-sipura. I mapped the users to SIP/5402 and SIP/5401 respectively.

But when I check on the JIVE Admin console for the user properties (walter-eyebeam and walter-sipura) they both show offline.

Restarted, reloaded, etc, for no avail.

What should I do in order to see on the admin console the actual presence state of the mapped users?

Thank You for any help.

Walter

Did your SIP Client register on Asterisk only? you also need them to login to their Jive Server accounts… meaning you need a working Jabber client that will log them into the SIP Server… The Asterisk-IM plugin will not report SIP Presence but it will report if a registered JIVE user is in the middle of a call in an Asterisk server.

I am a bit confused because I read elsewhere in this Forum that my SIP client needs only to register in Asterisk, and the Asterisk-IM Plugin would be exactly the responsible piece of software to relay information to JIVE, provided that there is a mapping in JIVE between the JIVE User and the Asterisk User.

Can I use Eyebeam SIP video phone to register in JIVE? It has a presence configuraton (client side) and I was wondering whether it would be JIVE compliant… XMPP?

Thanks for you information.

Walter

I am a bit confused because I read elsewhere in this

Forum that my SIP client needs only to register in

Asterisk, and the Asterisk-IM Plugin would be exactly

the responsible piece of software to relay

information to JIVE, provided that there is a mapping

in JIVE between the JIVE User and the Asterisk User.

Yes, the phone must be registered with asterisk. You must have a jive messenger user account. You must map the jive account to the asterisk device. That is all.

Can I use Eyebeam SIP video phone to register in

JIVE? It has a presence configuraton (client side)

and I was wondering whether it would be JIVE

compliant… XMPP?

Probably not, unfortunately

Andrew -

thank you very much for the explanation. JIVE seems to be very well engineered.

let me pose this one last question and comment to verify whether I have well understood how JIVE functions…

1. So, I must have a JIVE client in order to log at JIVE server and exchange presence information. Right? What client?

2. I can have either a soft phone or hardphone registering at Asterisk (so that I can use the iPBX system and its functionalities). Right?

3. Soft or hard phone notwithstanding, I should then create a USER in JIVE and make a mapping to my soft/hard SIP client in Asterisk. Then, whenever I use my phone in asterisk, the iPBX exchanges info with JIVE Server and this server relays presence info (busy,a at phone, etc…) to my JIVE client. Right?

4. So, I end up with two servers and two different software clients (assuming that I am using a soft phone…). Can one reduce it to 3 pieces of software, one Asterisk iPBX, JIVE and a soft client that would allow me to register in bothe servers, in order to be able to maintain a video/audio/text conversation using functionalities of both servers (the asterisk would provide with audio and h263 video and JIVE would provide the text and presence…). What software client would permit me to do this?

TADA!

Thank You so much for the patience.

Regards,

Walter

p.s - I am trying to put together a whole infrastructure that provides all these services in Brazil (Telebit Telecom).

I am a bit confused because I read elsewhere in

this

Forum that my SIP client needs only to register in

Asterisk, and the Asterisk-IM Plugin would be

exactly

the responsible piece of software to relay

information to JIVE, provided that there is a

mapping

in JIVE between the JIVE User and the Asterisk

User.

Yes, the phone must be registered with asterisk. You

must have a jive messenger user account. You must map

the jive account to the asterisk device. That is

all.

Can I use Eyebeam SIP video phone to register in

JIVE? It has a presence configuraton (client side)

and I was wondering whether it would be JIVE

compliant… XMPP?

Probably not, unfortunately

Andrew -

Could you please help me out here? I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much for the explanation. JIVE seems to be very well engineered.

Let me pose this one last question and comment to verify whether I have well understood how JIVE functions…

1. So, I must have a JIVE client in order to log at JIVE server and exchange presence information. Right? What client?

2. I can have either a soft phone or hardphone registering at Asterisk (so that I can use the iPBX system and its functionalities). Right?

3. Soft or hard phone notwithstanding, I should then create a USER in JIVE and make a mapping to my soft/hard SIP client in Asterisk. Then, whenever I use my phone in asterisk, the iPBX exchanges info with JIVE Server and this server relays presence info (busy,a at phone, etc…) to my JIVE client. Right?

4. So, I end up with two servers and two different software clients (assuming that I am using a soft phone…). Can one reduce it to 3 pieces of software, one Asterisk iPBX, JIVE and a soft client that would allow me to register in both servers, in order to be able to maintain a video/audio/text conversation using functionalities of both servers (the asterisk would provide with audio and h263 video and JIVE would provide the text and presence…). What software client would permit me to do this?

TADA!

Thank You so much for the patience.

Regards,

Walter