Asterisk IM

Hi All,

I am new to Openfire & Asterisk.

I have installed in linux Openfire(3.6.2), Asterisk Server and Asterisk Plugin in Openfire.

I have created two users in users/group & asterisk im.

And I have logged in with one user using sparkweb. Thats fine with chat but call is not working.

But in openfire error.log file i find the below error:

This before trying to login into sparkweb:

[root@localhost logs]# tail -f error.log
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:185)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

And this after login into sparkweb:

2009.01.04 07:08:15 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHand ler.java:110)]
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.jivesoftware.phone.xmpp.PresenceLayerer.resourceBound(Lorg/jivesoftware/ope nfire/session/Session;)V
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEve ntDispatcher.java:79)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQBindHandler.handleIQ(IQBindHandler.java:148 )
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:49)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:351)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:68)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:319)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:284)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:176)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:133)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:185)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I couldn’t see any packets hitting the asterisk server.

I have given the command “ngrep -d lo -s 1500 port 5038 -T” to see the packets hitting the server.

And also some suggestions to make call option work in sparkweb.

Don’t mind of my writing communication. It’s weak.

Please can any one help me out in solving these issues.

Thanks,

Gouri Prasad.

Hi,

you can try the latest snapshot of Asterisk-IM 1.4.1 which is available at http://maven.reucon.com/public-snapshot/org/jivesoftware/phone/asterisk-im-serve r/1.4.1-SNAPSHOT/asterisk-im-server-1.4.1-20090104.182721-3.jar

Please rename the jar file to asterisk-im.jar before deploying it to Openfire.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But no use. Still its not working.

Can you please send me call option document using sparkweb.

Thanks,

Gouri Prasad.

I don’t know if SparkWeb supports calling. I guess it’s only available

with the Red5 version of SparkWeb. The updated asterisk-im.jar should

fix the exception you see in the logs.

=Stefan

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the latest jar has fixed the exception.

If possible can you please help(any document) me in making the Call work in Sparkweb using red5 version.

Thanks,

Gouri Prasad.

Glad to hear it fixed the exception.

For the Red5 specific question please have a look at the Red5 support

forum. I don’t use it and don’t know how it works exactly.

=Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Very much thanks for your reply. Ok I will post my queries in red5 forums.

Thanks,

Gouri Prasad.

Hi,

I want Asterisk-IM 1.4.1 too, but this link is not available any more, who can drop me one ? thanks in advance