Authorization failed

I’m trying different mobile clients to see which ones I can get to connect to my Openfire server. Agile Mobile is the only one that has worked so far and it connected easily. I’m trying another (Slick) and even though I’m using the same settings as the Agile client I get an authorization error. I turned on the debug log to try and see if I could get a better view of what is going on. The follow is in the debug log when I try fail to connect:

2008.10.07 14:38:20 SASLAuthentication: SaslException
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: digest response format violation. Mismatched URI: xmpp/65.118.6.148; expecting: xmpp/irgdayim1.npsdomain.local
at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SASLAuthentication.handle(SASLAuthentication.java :296)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:164)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:133)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:185)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The only thing I can make any sense out of from that block is the top line:

“javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: digest response format violation. Mismatched URI: xmpp/65.118.xxx.xxx; expecting: xmpp/irgdayim1.npsdomain.local”

65.118.xxx.xxx is the public IP that the mobile device needs to connect to and irgdayim1.npsdomain.local is the name of the server internally. Any idea what the problem is here? The Agile mobile client doesn’t have any issue connecting but it is the only one I don’t have an issue with and a mobile client is required for this project.