Auto complete roster

Hi

i would include a little xmpp client (with smack api) in a java application. i have a question about the roster.

is possibile to complete automatically the roster of an user with all the other users registered in the jabber server?

for example: the users are sergio, nino, filo, admin; when admin logs in, he retrieves all the users (online and offline) and add them to his roster without any permission.

thanks

bye

v.harkonnen

If you are using Wildfire as a server you may want to look into the Shared Groups feature or the Registration Plugin.

Alex

yes, i use wildfire server.

i upgraded it to 3.1.1 version to try the registration plugin. this plugin send a notification message when a new user is created. if i understood, this plugin don’'t add the new user to the roster of other users automatically. i would like to add the new user automatically to the roster of the other user (and viceversa) on the same server.

tnx

bye

harkonenn

Hi harkonenn,

v.harkonnen wrote:

this plugin don’'t add the new user to the roster of other users automatically. i would like to add the new user automatically to the roster of the other user (and viceversa) on the same server.

Actually, it will. Create a group in the Wildfire Admin Console and “Enable contact list group sharing”. Then in the registration properties settings set the “Default Group” to the one you just created and “Enable automatically adding of new users to a group.”. Now, whenever a new user registers that user will be automatically be added to the roster of all the other users in that group.

Cheers,

Ryan

thank you for your reply,

tomorrow i will try this solution

thanks a lot

bye

harkonnen

ok!!

this morning i try the settings, and works good!

thanks a lot

bye

harkonnen