Auto-reconnect?

I know I’'ve asked this before, and hate to be a bugger (well… maybe not)

Is there an ETA for the feature of automatic server reconnect on loss of connection?

To me, that seems like a must have item.

Yes. I (and many others that use IM in mid-big companies) agree that this is HUGE disadvantage of Spark. I dont want to explain every user how to connect, do they have to reconnect and so on every time i need to restart server or connecion is lost for a sec. And this is just unconvinient.

No ETA as far as i know. It’'s in Smack already. So we wait. And maybe we need a new JIRA issue. Cause SPARK-14 and SPARK-48 are marked as fixed already.

very well!

ding

this thread could be closed, auto-reconnect is here since 2.0.6

There doesn’‘t seem to be any options. I assumed an “on/off” switch would be in preferrences. Glad it’'s there though.

On a reconnect, conferences need to be manually reconnected. It would be nice if this could be automatic, and conferences could be joined automatically at startup.

Also, it would be nice if a reconnect could be attempted in the background, and after 10 seconds or so alert the user, instead of the pop-up at the moment the connection is dropped.

Where I work, I use a laptop which switches between different wireless routers in the building as I move between different parts of the building, and to wired networks when I connect to a base station, so my IP configuration is constantly changing throughout the day.

David

DavidM wrote:

On a reconnect, conferences need to be manually reconnected. It would be nice if this could be automatic, and conferences could be joined automatically at startup.

aha, now it shows room with users, but Spark user is not in room anymore

Also, it would be nice if a reconnect could be attempted in the background, and after 10 seconds or so alert the user, instead of the pop-up at the moment the connection is dropped.

yeah, i always was asking for silent reconnect, though Spark just dont have offline systray state and icon. So it’'s a bigger redesign of UI.

yeah, i always was asking for silent reconnect, though Spark just dont have offline systray state and icon. So it’'s a bigger redesign of UI.

Adding an icon for offline should not be such a big issue. One could then also be able to launch Spark and view the local chat logs without the need for a working connection to the server.

LG