Automatic entry into a group chat (conference) | Автоматический вход в групповой чат (конференцию)

Good day.

Please remind me if I can automatically add specific users to the group chats (conferences) they need if integration with AD / LDAP is configured in Openfire, as it is implemented in RocketChat, Mattermost, etc.? Those. Is there a comparison of the belonging of a particular user to an AD security group and, depending on this, the user automatically gets into the right conference? Or is it prohibited in XMPP, and the user can only join the conference manually?

Доброго времени суток.

Напомните пожалуйста, могу ли я автоматически добавлять конкретных пользователей в необходимые им групповые чаты (конференции), если в Openfire настроена интеграция с AD/LDAP так, как это реализовано в RocketChat, Mattermost и др.? Т.е. идёт сопоставление принадлежности конкретного пользователя к группе безопасности AD и в зависимости от этого пользователь автоматически попадает в нужную конференцию? Или в XMPP это запрещено, и вступить в конференцию пользователь может только исключительно вручную?

In XMPP, there is not a way that I know of to force people to join a chat room. You can, however, strongly suggest that they join a chat room, by giving them a bookmark that has the ‘autojoin’ feature enabled. Most clients will follow those instructions.

Bookmarks are typically managed by individual users. You can also use the Openfire Bookmarks plugin to, in the server, define bookmarks for users of your server.

1 Like