Automatically add new users to a group?

Does anyone know how to automatically add new users to a group? If this is not possible then does anyone know how to create a trigger for Oracle 10g for when new users are added inset username into group?

Hi Randy,

If is not possible to add new users to a group automatically. I recall there have been a number of threads related to such functionality and the main issue with db triggers is that JM uses in-memory caching, and so will not be aware of these group changes.

If your users are being created via JM (admin console, or client registration) and not via some other mechanism such as third party db updates, you could easily code a java plugin to listen for user creation and update the groups accordingly. That is as automatic as you could get.

Hope that helps,

Conor.

you could easily code a java plugin to listen for user

creation and update the groups accordingly. That is

as automatic as you could get.

Anyone made such a plugin, and is willing to share?

/John

Hi John,

The feature you are looking for is planned for the next version of the registration plugin, which I’‘m hoping I’'ll be able to work on later this week. See JM-239 for details.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks for the clarification. It will be very useful addition to your plugin.

Cheers,

Conor.

Thank you everone for your replys and Ryan I can not wait have the updates to your code because I am getting overwelmed with users

Randall

Thank you everone for your replys and Ryan I can not

wait have the updates to your code because I am

getting overwelmed with users

Uh, oh. The pressure is on.

Hi All,

I’‘ve updated the registration plugin to include the ability to automatically add new users to a specified group, along with a couple of other features people have asked for. But, before the plugin is officially released I’‘d like to have a couple of people test it out. So, if you’‘d be willing to be a beta tester for this plugin send me a private message with your email address and I’'ll send it to you.

Thanks,

Ryan

JM version it requires? Though, anyway, send it to me. If it needs 2.2.0 i’'ll test it at home. I think you already have my email address