Bad account details not reported on yahoo

I imagine this might be connected with other existing bugs, but if I register with bad account details with the yahoo transport I am informed of the error in logging into yahoo. If I then edit those details and again enter incorrect details (bad password, for example) - I get no indication that anything is wrong the second time.

camclive wrote:

I imagine this might be connected with other existing bugs, but if I register with bad account details with the yahoo transport I am informed of the error in logging into yahoo. If I then edit those details and again enter incorrect details (bad password, for example) - I get no indication that anything is wrong the second time.

So let me get this straight …

1. You register with the transport with a bad password

2. You log into yahoo via the transport

3. You get an error message indicating “bad password”

4. You re-registerd with the transport, again with a bad password

5. You log into yahoo via the transport

6 … nothing happens …

Is that correct?

Yes except I am registering from a client so I assume the transport both registers and tries to connect (login) me to yahoo at the same time. First time it sends back that the authentication has failed, second time I don’'t get any message.

Basically I am just following the standard procedure a client would use to register and then reRegister by updating the details required if there was a problem.

Perhaps I could ask you a question: does the software attempt to login the person when a client changes the registration details, in the same way it does on first registration? If not, then that explains the problem.

Message was edited by: camclive

GATE-95