Binding to incorrect IP address

I have set up my wildfire server to be bound to IP address 212.227.78.130 but it keeps showing up with 217.160.76.210

my wildfire.xml network setting is as follows

212.227.78.130 is a virtual interface (eth0:1) on my linux server and 217.160.76.210 is the “real” eth0

Is this a known problem and if so, how can i fix it?

Hi,

please verify with “netstat -an|grep 522” whether Wildfire binds to the correct IP address. The display issue is well-known, see JM-783.

LG

I see.

I think what your saying is that while the wildfire server IS bound to the correct IP address, the admin area shows that it is bound to the incorrect IP address.

Am I right?

Hi,

I hope that the wildfire server IS bound to the correct IP address, so please check this using netstat.

LG

Thratchen wrote:

I think what your saying is that while the wildfire server IS bound to the correct IP address, the admin area shows that it is bound to the incorrect IP address.

Am I right?

Yes, I have the same issue here. I posted a bug report about it to this forum about a month ago, which got ignored by jivesoftware (like most stuff here in the past few months).

Hi,

you don’'t mean http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=125148 , do you?

LG

yes it seems to be bound to the correct IP address. Its just the admin interface that seems to be reporting the primary ip address (eth0).

Many thanks for the pointer & congrats to the Wildfire team in general. Its a kickarse product !!!

Hey guys,

Issue JM-783 is fixed now. In the next nightly build you will find the bug fix.

Forum activity is very high and it is hard to keep track of all reported issues. We are slowly catching up but still some of them may be missed. Anyway, we just hired another developer for the Real Time Collaboration products so we will soon be in a better position to fix every reported issue asap.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

– Gato