Black listing?

Hi all,

After a look around in the forum, I’'m still wondering about how to manage “black listing” concept…

what is the best approach? (still a home made solution… or possible way of using api?)

thx

e07

Hi,

do you mean privacy lists support with “black listing”? Or what do you want to do?

Smack has experimental support for privacy lists.

LG

Hi,

No, I mean being able to bloc messages send by a contact in the roster without removing it from the roster…

thx…

e07

Hi,

I still think that

Allowing or blocking messages based on JID, group, or subscription type (or globally).

1. Allowing or blocking inbound presence notifications based on JID, group, or subscription type (or globally).

2. Allowing or blocking outbound presence notifications based on JID, group, or subscription type (or globally).

3. Allowing or blocking IQ stanzas based on JID, group, or subscription type (or globally).

4. Allowing or blocking all communications based on JID, group, or subscription type (or globally). /i

is what you want.

LG

source: http://www.xmpp.org/specs/rfc3921.html#privacy

Hi,

thx for reply

I’'ve seen the link related to xmpp specifications (privacy chapter)…it seems to be the right way to solve my problem…

But i’‘m sure i’'m not the first to be cope with this privacy problem…then, do know if there are few example of implementation??

thx

e07

Hi,

I have no idea, maybe Alex did add it to his client. I don’'t know if it is still experimental support or if it is now stable for Smack.

LG

Hi,

thx for reply…

Does it consist in analysing packets using PacketListener (via processPacket method) anf calling toXml() method on the Packet object, to extract xml nodes from the packet representation and being able to take decision to block or not communication as related in xmpp specifications (chapter 10: http://www.xmpp.org/specs/rfc3921.html#privacy)?

I just need to find the right to start writing my code…

I’'ll bring back my work on the forum whitout any problem, but just help me to find the right way to start please…

thx

e07