Block Spark from using other XMPP services

Is it possible to only allow spark to the LAN server and not allow it to access other XMPP services (ie google talk) from any PC inside the LAN?

This is not a question for these forums at all. This has to do with your network. you need to find out how to configure your network to not allow XMPP traffice to and from any IP but the openfire server. This is not a client issue, or an issue with any of the other Igniterealtime/Jive software.

We want to implement SPARK as a enterprise chat solution.

So, our goal is not to deny other types of XMPP services, however we want our users to not be able to use SPARK to connect to other services.

I hope you understand now my question.

We want to implement SPARK as a enterprise chat solution.

So, our goal is not to deny other types of XMPP services, however we want our users to not be able to use SPARK to connect to other services.

I hope you understand now my question.

Then you need to build you own custom spark client from source and hardcode the server setting, and not allow it to be changed. I have no clue how you would begin to do this.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Do you know someone who already done what I’m asking?

I am not, sorry.

You could use the Packet Filter plugin and allow only members of your domain to tolk to each other.

What Todd was trying to say is correct. We are using Spark for our enterprise IM solution and I have created a custom Spark client AND none of the XMPP typical ports are open to the outside world so this makes it easy to stop people from connecting to other providers.