Block user from accessing a certain chat room?

Hello everyone, and thanks ahead for the help.

I am on spark openfire server version 3.8.2, and throughout my environment various machines are on version 2.6.3, 2.7.7, and 2.8.2.

What I need to do is block a certain user, say “John Smith”, from accessing the chat room for let’s say “Team A”. There are ~20 people who use Team A chat regularly and I’d like to keep it so that other users can pop in and out of that as needed. I just need John Smith barred from entering this specific chat room. Is there a way I can do that? I’ve poked around in my admin panel but I can’t seem to find anything like that.

Thank you very much!

I’m not sure if this will work on 3.8.2 as it is old, but it should. You can go to Group Chat menu in Admin Console, press on a room and then Permissions and add that user to Outcasts. Add it like johnsmith@youropenfiredomain

Next time he will try to join that room, Spark will show “You have been banned from this room” message. Or you can just ban him while he is in the room, if you have joined it with an admin/owner/moderator.

Thank you very much, I will give this a shot.

Got it! User added to outcasts. Thank you so much for your help and your prompt response!!