I’m running openfire 3.9.3 as a “windows service” with the builtin JVM (~1.5M for both xms/xmx) and embedded database. The MUC Service plugin is v0.2.0 (7/2014).
Using Soap UI, I created a chat room using the “http://myserver.local:9090/plugins/mucservice/chatrooms?servicename=myservice” URI and the attached “sampleAddRoom.xml” as the body of the POST message. A http-status of 204 (success/no content) is returned. When I open the openfire admin ui and browse to the newly added chat room two things happen:
- If I click on the chatroom’s name/link the ui just refreshes and the edit chatroom page never appears. The same happens if I click the edit button.
- If I try to delete the chatroom, as soon as I click the big red X distroy button, an exception is thrown (see attached “nullpointerexception.txt”).
Even with debug logging enabled, I see nothing added to any log when I perform either of the above two actions.
By changing a few values in my input file I was able to make this work…
- Lowercase’d description, naturalName and roomName
- Added a creationDate whose value must be in the same timezone as the server (UTC in my case) (Ex: 2014-08-06T18:32:02.289Z)
- Added a modificationDate whose value must be in the same timezone as the server (Ex 2014-08-06T18:32:02.289Z)
any chatroom I make with these updates I can edit and/or destroy via the admin ui
Message was edited by: Tony – a few more details added.