BUG in OpenFire 3.6.4 - I want urget reply please

I want to rebring in question the issue fromthread: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/38876?tstart=0

Is this bug going to be confirmed ?

I want to know if there is a workaround.

There was this issue on Jabber-Net on google code, and they said that there is not a bug in Jabber-Net librarry but rather a bug in OpneFire.

Please let me know about this. I want to use openfire, but how can I use it in those conditions.

There is no need to double post. Openfire is not actively developed by Jive anymore and there are not enough skilled volunteer developers to support it. So many questions and issues are not addressed.

Yes I understand, but isn’t it a shame that a server with such a great community, popularity not to be maintained.

I see there are a lot of changelogs, versions and the developers that worked on making OpenFire a better server, but no reason why it should not be maintained.

I also find this to be a very basic bug, as far as I can see Jabber protocol was intended to be a IM protocol, so adding a contact in your roster should be one of the basics of the protocol, therefore a basic not-buggy functionality of the OpenFire server its a must, in my opinion.

I am still waiting for good news.

Good luck all.

gamitech wrote:

Yes I understand, but isn’t it a shame that a server with such a great community, popularity not to be maintained.

This should be pointed to Jive and they are seen here not very often. But the project isn’t dead, some folks are doing some work, patches, etc. Also, Jive is going to give all the maintainment rights to the community, but the process is a bit slow. We can’t do a release without them, and it is hard to get to them, as they are doing money with they commercial projects and don’t have time for the Openfire/Spark anymore.

I also find this to be a very basic bug

Easy to say. It would be better if you could provide a patch for this problem. And now you can only wait for some skilled community member to investigate this, check the code and find the bug, and this is not easy.