Bug Report

Windows XP Pro SP2

1. Closing from the tray (Possibly other ways too) the notification icon is not destroyed before the app closes. It remains a goast till hovering over it.

2. Resizing a chat window resizes the list of people in the chat rather than the chat itself.

3. Not so much a bug but feature request: Like you can have conferences open at start, the fasttrack conferance should be able to do the same.

Deathbob wrote:

1. Closing from the tray (Possibly other ways too) the notification icon is not destroyed before the app closes. It remains a goast till hovering over it.

This is rather a Windows issue, cause this could happen to any program. Though this is happening mostly when a program has freezed for some reason. So Spark is not exiting normally for you.

1. Resizing a chat window resizes the list of people in the chat rather than the chat itself.

I think this is an intended behaviour, though i was complaining about that some time ago too. It doesnt resize chat window keeping same proportions of chat and roster parts. So you have to move chat/roster divider to the right after you have resized the main window. Can call it a design issue, not a bug.

The icon issue is defiantly a bug with the program. For whatever reason it is not destroying it when it closes, either because spark is crashing due to another bug or a race condition or it just isn’t doing it. (I wrote software once that forgot to destroy it, I know what causes it.)

to me it works fine on 3 machines

Ok, it goes away if i use the menu in the contact list. But when you right click the notification icon and click close it doesn’t destroy it. Maybe it has something to do with how the context menu works? It won’t let it destroy it due to a race of destroying the context menu?

You mean it works fine if you go to Spark menu in main window and press Exit, but it doesnt work fine when you right click systray icon and select Exit? Strange then. As you say you press close, i just want to be sure. When you right click Spark’s systray icon (i believe we are talking about this) what context menu do you see?

Open

Hide

Status>

Logout

Exit

If you press Exit in this menu, Spark is turning off, but icon does not dissapear until you hover it?

As i said, this can happen to any program. If program is freezing and you kill it in processes, Windows taskbar would still show its icon, until you hover systray. Like refresh issue. Maybe Spark is freezing for you on exit. What can you say about the machine? CPU, RAM? At work i have slower PC with less RAM and Spark is freezing time to time, so i have to kill its process, and then its icon doesnt dissapear until i hover it. But when Spark is running normally i can exit it via context menu and icon would dissapear.

I meant exit. I’ve never had to kill spark’s process. This time when i exited the icon went away. I think it is just a race condition where the program can sometimes exit without removing the icon.

Windows XP Pro SP2

AMD Athlon 2700+ 2.17Ghz

1GB RAM