BUG: spark_2_6_0_12103 : spark download folder not working

I just downloaded the latest build of Spark (from today 3/23/11) and now I cannot open my downloads folder from Spark contact list and from within a chat. This is the folder where file transfers are sent. Everytime I try to open the folder, this hows up in the spark log:

Mar 23, 2011 4:00:46 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Could not find file-browser

Mar 23, 2011 4:01:01 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Could not find file-browser

I uninstalled Spark, deleted all the corresponding folders and then reinstalled spark. Same thing. I’m on Windows 7 SP1 32bit. Can anyone confirm this with the latest nightly build?

is you downloadpath correctly set?

Preferences->File Transfer

mine looks like this (see screenshot)

if you can compile yourself:

open trunk/src/java/org/jivesoftware/spark/filetransfer/SparkTransferManager.java

on line #193 replace

Log.error(“Could not find file-browser”);

with

Log.error(“Could not find file-browser”,e1);

and on line #251 do the same

this will log the complete error

Ya ok I should have figured that one out myself. The download path was set to something that didn’t exist on a remote server, so I changed it to point to a local directory. Why would this latest build change the download path? Is that going to be an issue in the final build? Thanks for pointing this out Wolf Posdorfer.

on first spark start the download path is configured like this:

for Windows:

find MyDocuments Folder via WinRegistry, then check if there is a folder called Downloads

if existant, then the path is …MyDocuments\Downloads\

else C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop

on Linux:

~/downloads/

on corporate windows environments the MyDocuments path can be set to a NetworkLocation, thats why its retrieved from the WinRegistry

and that works… atleast in the corporation im currently working from