Build Failed - java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Hi,

I’‘m trying to develop a plugin for Jive but I’'m having problems running the ‘‘plugins’’ build. When it runs it stops with :

C:\FM\Jivesoft\jive_messenger_src_221\jive_messenger_src\build\build.xml:837: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\FM\Jivesoft\jive_messenger_src_221\jive_messenger_src\build\build.xml:843: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\FM\Jivesoft\jive_messenger_src_221\jive_messenger_src\build\build.xml:845: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\FM\Jivesoft\jive_messenger_src_221\jive_messenger_src\build\build.xml:939: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

I’‘m using Eclipse 3.1.0 with Ant 1.6.5 and Java 1.5.0_05, and I’'m trying to create an amended version of the PresencePlugin. Any pointers as to what might be causing this error?

Thanks in advance,

Zeetha

Message was edited by:

zeetha

Hi Zeetha,

Are you able to build the presence plugin?

Thanks,

Ryan

I had copied the presence plugin to a new directory so the original plugin hadn’'t been changed but the only way I could get round the above problem was to delete all the plugins that came with the source except for ‘‘broadcast’’ and I can now run the ‘‘plugins’’ ant task.

Any ideas why the other plugins suddenly caused an error? It was working fine and then all of a sudden stopped working when I hadn’'t changed anything in those original plugins.

Thanks,

Z

Hi Zeetha,

I believe the broadcast plugin is the only plugin that doesn’‘t contain any jsp’'s and looking at where your errors are occuring it would seem that they are somehow related. Are there any jars in your classpath that maybe causing trouble?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. The only jars I can see on the classpath are the ones in the build/lib directory. I have just put back the ContentFilter plugin source to see if the ‘‘plugins’’ task would work, and it throws the ExceptionInInitializerError as above. If I take the ContentFilter directory out of the that directory, the task runs through without errors.

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Strange… have you tried building the source directly from the command line? I’'m wondering if Eclipse might be getting in the way somehow.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks for the suggestion - I’‘ll try that when I get the time. Deadlines have been brought forward so I can’'t investigate further just now!

Thanks for your help though,

Caroline

No problem. Believe me, I know how things can get real busy, real fast. Be sure to report back if you’'re still having problems.

Cheers,

Ryan