Build.xml war task

build.xml war task doesn’'t include admin-jsp.jar file to WEB-INF/lib. Two ways to solve the problem: Either remove pre-defined jsp definitions from web.xml or put complied jsp classes.

Tried to enter a bug report to jira but i’'ve realized that i cant. Wov! How do you get bug reports?

Anyway, here is the path for build.xml:

evrim@evrim /mnt/ext/jive/messenger/build $ diff -u build.xml.orig build.xml

— build.xml.orig 2005-09-30 06:12:41.000000000 +0300

+++ build.xml 2005-09-30 06:16:30.000000000 +0300

@@ -362,6 +362,7 @@

webxml="${war.dest.dir}/build/web.xml">

very awkward way to post patches. created two accounts(forum, jira) to post not a bug, but a patch! shame on you jive!

btw, i’'m using svn trunk.

Hi evrim,

The admin-jsp.jar doesn’'t need to be included since the jsp files are part of the messenger.war file and are compiled by the app server at runtime.

Were you having troubles deploying the messenger.war file?

Thanks,

Ryan

as I wrote:

‘‘If web.xml includes precompiled jsp definitions, then one must include the jar.’’

For runtime compilation of jsp pages, remove compile time generated jasper definitions from web.xml.

Hi evrim,

I understood what you were saying, that’'s why I was curious to know if you were having troubles with the war file prior to making your changes to the build file?

I like the idea of doing away with the jsp’‘s and including the admin-jsp.jar instead. It’'d be nice for those (rare) occasions when someone tried do deploy messenger to a app server that is only using the JRE instead of the full JDK.

Regards,

Ryan

Yes, jsp’‘s were not working for my jboss cvs tag, Branch_4_0. Its interesting that appserver deployment is rare. Web.xml created by ant includes precompiled servlet definitions for jsp’'s but no classes as you know.

My plan is to write 4 Provider classes to use my current accounting service. So i need to deploy them into my current project which runs on EJB3/JBoss.

Btw, i couldn’'t find a proper documentation for messenger_init.xml. Maybe you should consider authoring an appserver deployment documentation.

Evrim.

Hey Evrim,

Check out this url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=22knowledge base document[/url] and let us know if you think there is something we should improve in the document.

Regards,

– Gato

You will be needing this to make development cycle faster. Exploded war task.

evrim@evrim ~/workspace/messenger/build $ diff -u /mnt/ext/jive/messenger/build/build.xml.org build.xml

— /mnt/ext/jive/messenger/build/build.xml.orig 2005-09-30 06:12:41.000000000 +0300

+++ build.xml 2005-10-01 06:30:32.000000000 +0300

@@ -362,6 +362,7 @@

webxml="${war.dest.dir}/build/web.xml">