Call Me When v2.6x is Stable! -- Ehehe

Thanks to all you brave v2.6x pioneers for saving me more headaches!

I’'ll be watching and waiting, until then.

Good luck.

What can i say, i’'m using 2.6.0 w/o problems. 2.6.1 is out, problems must be fixed.

Agreed, Problems must be resolved and this group should help diagnose the problems. I don’'t mind being a target for problems, as it usually means the the fix gets passed to me first !!!

Seriously though, Don’‘t wanna put your production database at risk? build a replica on a test box and tune it according to your needs, then do the upgrading and breaking stuff. Heck last month I couldn’'t spell Jabber Admin, today I is wun…

I think I will run out and buy that new MS comm server , oh wait that isn’‘t stable, well I will talk to the developers, wait can’'t do that either…

Jeff

Hi Oleg,

problems must be fixed[/i] is a good point, but the pubsub column problems with old databases from multiple vendors and Oracle databases were detected after 2.6.1 was released. So I think there are still some problems one does not really want to hit.

LG

LG,

problems must be fixed[/i] is a good point, but

the pubsub column problems with old databases from

multiple vendors and Oracle databases were detected

after 2.6.1 was released. So I think there are still

some problems one does not really want to hit.

Yep, that’'s a good point. In 2.6.2, there will be some tweaking to the pubsub database tables. However, that only affects people using pubsub (very likely nobody). In general, 2.6.1 should be quite stable and we definitely recommend moving to it from any older releases based on new features and bug fixes.

Regards,

Matt

I just used a wrong word, was thinking “should be fixed”. This is only my bad english making the good points

Hi Matt,

Wifi 2.6.1 does not start the web admin console using Oracle, the nightly build contains a new database version.

So if one wants to be notified when 2.6 is “stable” this seems to be too early.

LG