Can anyone help me?

Hi everyone:

I have some new problem when I try to test openfire server 3.5.1 in a small LAN.

1 I added some jabber friend by their JID on spark 2.5.8,and I modified their nickname (Chinese)by myself on the spark.Then later I added a group in the openfire server through the admin web consel and created some new accounts by myself in the database(I had modified all the new accounts’s username).of course all the jiveuser were included in this gourp ,now the problems jumped out ,the jiveuser s that I had added before I created the group turn to “???” on their names on spark, But in the database ,the data in the table jiveuser is correct ,no data is “???” in this table.By the way I changed the encoding style of cloum name in table jiveuser to utf-8 to support Chinese!

I wonder weather the spark will featch the userlist everytime when it login or It will download the userlist to the local and only updates when some changes are made?(I kenw there is no userlist ,I mean the information about jiveuser ,such as username ,nickname ,status and so on)

2 I try to test the filetransfer under different circumstances

Sender Reciver result

(1) spark(JID USER) spark (JID USER) OK

(2) msn user login through spark spark(JID USER) OK

`(3) msn user login through spark msn client (msn user) Failed

(4) msn user login through spark msn user login through spark Failed

(5) msn(msn user ) msn user login through spark Failed

and now I hope to modify the the server to make file transfering under circumstances (3?4?5 )aviable !

can anyone help me ? I am looking forward to your tipps ?suggestions ?guides?replays…

Thanks!

Pierce

bitihong wrote:

1 I added some jabber friend by their JID on spark 2.5.8,and I modified their nickname (Chinese)by myself on the spark.

This is a local option, that is not visible on the server.

Then later I added a group in the openfire server through the admin web consel and created some new accounts by myself in the database(I had modified all the new accounts’s username).of course all the jiveuser were included in this gourp ,now the problems jumped out ,the jiveuser s that I had added before I created the group turn to “???” on their names on spark, But in the database ,the data in the table jiveuser is correct ,no data is “???” in this table.By the way I changed the encoding style of cloum name in table jiveuser to utf-8 to support Chinese!

Try to set UTF-8 in your database connection string in Openfire. I don’t know if setting only one column to an encoding will work as-is, you might need to make changes to OpenFire to accomodate for it. There are several reports that UTF-8 is not working perfectly yet.

I wonder weather the spark will featch the userlist everytime when it login or It will download the userlist to the local and only updates when some changes are made?(I kenw there is no userlist ,I mean the information about jiveuser ,such as username ,nickname ,status and so on)

Usually, the roster is retrieved wholly upon login, and updated individually as the server sends notifications about changes.

Thanks you @Op3racional !