Can i make a component to be a jid

I have a reply bot that i wanted my external users from msn to be able to talk to. I have coded a component but i did not manage to let external parties to talk to it yet. Anyone can help

Have you registered the bot at the transport?

Hrm. What is the component/bot’‘s jid? If it does not have an @, it’‘s not going to work with the im gateway plugin. It relies on you being an actual user of the wildfire server and having your own roster and such to operate correctly. Maybe I’'m missing what you are after though.

I have tried to register but it seems to recognise it as offline. My jid is like chat@replyboy.domain name

Did you send the initial presence?

How do i do that. I am sorry about this stupid question as i just started coding on Wildfire.

You can send a directed presence pretty easily if you’'d like. Something like:

should do the trick.

At the moment you would want to wait until you see an available presence appear for aim.jabber.my.server before sending a message. (this is your indicator that you are logged in to aim) At some point I’'d like to implement some form of queuing, similar to what Noah Campbell had going on in his external gateway code he was working on, which would mean that if you sent a message before you were entirely logged in, it would hold onto the message until ready and -then- send it.

Message was edited by: jadestorm

Of course you said MSN so swap msn for aim. ;D

where should i place this line at.

sleeping wrote:

where should i place this line at.

You could send this from your bot’'s code soon after it connects to XMPP I imagine.

I am very sorry that i still could not catch up with it. I am not famaliar with how i can send that and what method could i use for that. Is there any sample that i could follow or learn from.

sleeping wrote:

I am very sorry that i still could not catch up with it. I am not famaliar with how i can send that and what method could i use for that. Is there any sample that i could follow or learn from.

Hrm. That depends on what language you are using, what toolkit/library, etc. I think the programming jabber book is online and free nowadays! Ah, here it is!