Can not open chat box for some contacts

Hi,

I’m having an issue where if you try to start a chat session with some of the contacts the chat box will not open and others will. The version that I’m using is 2.6.3 and it seems that only 1 user is having this issue the rest are working fine.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing i can suggest is wiping the profile of such user

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Spark

or

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark

There are three files that are specific to a contact: The transscript, contacts and the VCARD. Both are stored in the user profile. This is located somewhere (depending on OS and language) . . . \Spark\user\webeling@myserver.internal

To fix the issue, I would delete the content of:
…\Spark\user\webeling@myserver.internal\vcards

If this does not help, please delete th econtent of

…\Spark\user\webeling@myserver.internal\vcards

IMHO that should fix the problem.

The last option (more work) is to delete the transscript for the contact that can’t be opened. These are located at

…\Spark\user\webeling@myserver.internal\transcripts

Let us know if that helped.

That did not work. I even went as far as to uninstall spark, completely remove that folder and re-install it.

I attempted to have him remove and re add the contact. One person did not receive the request the other person received the request but he did not receive the reply.

I had the same problem. I could IM all but 1 contact in my contacts list - and she appeared to be offline. As soon as I would try and send her a message spark would freeze. normally ending the “spark.exe *32” process through task manager does the trick, but not today. not sure if it’s related, but this seemed to have started just after updating java.

I uninstalled spark, renamed “C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark”, reinstalled spark. working like a champ now. thanks, gang!