Can Openfire Run in the Background?

Greetings,

Right now I run Openfire on our server via the console. When it is set up that way, I cannot connect remotely which is affecting performance. When I run it under an admin username remotely, I lose the connection whenever I log off the remote connection.

Is there any way that I can keep Openfire running in the background, no matter which profile/account is signed inon the server?

Thanks,

please read the documentation: http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/install- guide.html#windows

Thanks, Todd. I noted that it said to run those commands on the console. I did that, but I don’t think it worked. Do I need to close down Openfire altogether before running it? After I start the service through the windows commands, will it still show the icon in the system tray? Please clarify… thanks very much for your help and patience.

you should not be running openfire when you run those commands. Nothing shows when it is running. It is a service, it runs completely in the background independent of users.

Thanks very much for the help :slight_smile: