Candy, ofmeet, jitmeet. Videobridge and user authentication question

Hello Forum,

I’ve a correct setup of Openfire with Videobridge, I’m a long time Openfire user but I’m approaching VideoBridge in these days. I have read tons of howtos and forum messages related to them but I still have some questions, I have seen three applications inside videobridge candy, ofmeet, jitmeet.

From few Dele’s messages I have understood that jitmeet is focused on some sort of pubblic access usage, ofmeet is more related to corporate use and candy is a js based chat client.

I have never been able to use Candy, don’t know why but after the login screen where I can prompt my jid/password I only see a grey page with nothing inside it. I’ll probably need to start chrome debugger to understand what the page does. Is there someone who can address me to an howto or a document where I can read about Candy configs ?

Jitmeet is probably more focused on anonymous usage but it seems to be nice (for me) to get some form of authentication so a common user may identify himself, the same goes with ofmeet. I’m not talking about a global realm authentication (Videobridge/Security/WebApplication user/pass) but I’d like to enter my userjid/pass like Candy does.

Before writing down some code I’d like to ask if there’s someone with same requirements or someone who has solved these kind of problems with ofmeet or jitmeet. I don’t want to fork them and it could be nice to prompt for user/passwd before login.

Thank you in advance for your reply

Kind regards

Ben

User name and password is a very good feature that has been requested for. If you can do it, I would be happy to accept a merge request

It shouldn’t be that hard but I need to picture how it works and carefully read your code to understand the behaviour. I have always used that but I’ve never added something to it (yet), give me some time and I’ll try to work on it.

Thanks Dele