powered by Jive Software

Cannot display the messages normally

I’'ve wrote a component. When the client sends its available presence to the server, my component will send some messages to the client. The content of the message is just like the formal message form.

I’'ve tried on the other client, including the Psi, Pandion and Exodus, and all of them can display the messages normally. Only the Spark cannot do so.

Hmm. Definitley sounds like a bug in Spark. Could you post the xml being sent to the client from the component? I’'ll see if I can do a quick release with this patch in it.

Cheers,

Derek

Oops! I found the Spark what I uesd is the old 1.0.3 version. After updating to the new 1.2.5 version, this problem has been solved.

I’‘m getting this issue as well apparently in 1.1.2 from transports. When a client sends me a message, it arrives, and in fact the Spark window blinks acknolwedging the message arrive, but it’'s never displayed. If I close the window, then re open it, the message appears in the history as though it were received just fine.

Psi and Pandion have no issues with the transport, and the issue only popped up in 1.1.2. 1.1.1 did not have the issue at all. What do you need from me for debug? Just a raw XML stream from a message?

Hi Three-D,

Yup. The XML would help alot.

-Derek

<message id=“s0i20-1150” to="*********@aim.otsl.net" from="cfowler@otsl.net/spark" type=“chat”>

<body>hey, try sending me a message real quick. Something’'s acting broken in the client, need some debug info</body>

<x xmlns=“jabber:x:event”>

<offline/>

<delivered/>

<displayed/>

<composing/>

</x>

</message>

<message id=“33” to="cfowler@otsl.net" from="*********@aim.otsl.net" type=“chat”>

<body>poit</body>

<thread>031D534</thread>

<x xmlns=“jabber:x:event”>

<composing/>

</x>

<active xmlns=“http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates”/>

<html xmlns=“http://jabber.org/protocol/xhtml-im”>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

<font lang=“EN” face=“Arial”>poit</font>

</body>

</html>

</message>

Name on the receiving end censored for privacy. Wildfire 2.5.1 server (2.5.0 got the same issue), transport is pyAIM-t-0.7b running on the same Windows 2003 server. Client is Spark 1.1.2.5, and the problem didn’'t occur until I installed it. 1.1.1 worked fine. Incoming local and S2S XMPP messages are unaffected and work fine. The client on the other end of the transport receives and can see my text fine as well, I simply never see theirs displayed until I close and reopen the chat window. Then I see it in the history.

Hi Three-D,

Thanks for the XML. This issue should be fixed in the upcoming 1.1.3 release. Once again, thanks for helping out.

Cheers,

Derek

Excellent, glad I could help.