Cannot grant member anybody in chatroom

Hi am trying to grant member to any user in room but its not working since i updated from version 4.4 to 4.5. when i try to grant member from chatroom i get error like:

<iq type="error" id="mir_11" from="developer@conference.hoivia.com" to="asterboy@hoivia.com/Miranda">
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#admin">
<item jid="deepak@hoivia.com" affiliation="member" />
</query>

beside that grant admin, owner, none everything is working please let me know what wrong i have configured.

Regards,
Deepak

That’s weird. Can you share the original request too, please? Also, try to increase the log level, and see if anything of interest is written to the logs.

<iq type="set" to="developer@conference.hoivia.com" id="mir_12"> <query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#admin"> <item jid="deepak@hoivia.com" affiliation="member" /> </query> </iq>

this is original request am sending. How can i see logs in details sir?

I have replayed this stanza in a new room that I created on my server (running a development version of what is going to be Openfire 4.6.0). It does not give me any problems:

<iq type="set" to="test@conference.igniterealtime.org" id="mir_12">
  <query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#admin">
    <item jid="deepak@hoivia.com" affiliation="member" />
  </query>
</iq>

<iq type="result" id="mir_12" from="test@conference.igniterealtime.org" to="testuser@igniterealtime.org/laptop-guus"/>

Maybe your room configuration somehow prevents you from making the request? Try creating a new room, see if it works there.

I’m somewhat surprised that we’re not seeing any kind of error condition. That’s typically added by Openfire, when an error is generated. Without it, it’s hard to determine what’s going on.

After deep debugging i found the weird reasons:

1. (1,‘room.loginRestrictedToNickname’,‘true’) (insert it in ofMucServiceProp table)

2. update ofmucroom set useReservedNick=1; (in ofMucRoom table)

I think its a bug. we don’t want to allow user to change there nickname while enter in conference else its there will be no privacy and no use of id creation.

So i request to please fix this.

Thank you.

I’m not sure if I understand what you believe is a bug, and what the suggested improvement is. Can you please clarify?

Sir when you go in chatroom he/she should not allow to change there nick while joining. for that purpose i tick on “Only login with registered nickname” this function not works even it marked tick already.

and because of marked this tick i was getting that 409 error in case granting member.
also i want to draw your attention on mute and unmute features are not working in conference.(You can mute person but his/her message still coming in conference/chatroom).

I hope these issues are going to fix in next update.
Please let me know if you still confuse am happy that openfire taking every person and problem serious not only that openfire team working hard to improve it.

Regards,
Deepak