powered by Jive Software

Cannot Login to Admin Consol after setting up SSO

Hey Everyone,

I have been playing around with OpenFire 3.6.4 and Spark 2.5.8 for a couple of weeks. We are running it in a Windows 2003 domain environment and this week I was having a go at getting the SSO to work within Spark. After much configuration and swearing, I have finally managed to get SSO to work and everyone is able to just have Spark loging when they sign onto the domain.

However since this has been done I can no longer login to the OpenFire Admin Consol. All I get is the following error “Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator.”

When I have a look in the warn.log file I see this entry "2009.08.19 09:18:19 Failed admin console login attempt by "

I am running the database on an MS SQL 2005 server, and have checked out the ofProperty table and made sure that my name is in the table next to admin.authorizedJIDs (I am assuming that this is where OpenFire reads the user list for permitting access).

I am not entirely sure how I have managed to lock myself (and the other 3 people who were previously able to log in) out of the admin consol.

If anyone can think of how to fix this I would appreciate the help.

Cheers

Reboot the Openfire server immeidately after install it.

Have restarted the openfire service quite a few times and this has not fixed the error. Do you suggest that I physically reboot the server that openfire is installed on?

Have done a full reboot of the server and still am unable to log into the web admin consol. Any other suggestions?

I got myself into a similar bind today. I think I got into this state because I changed the domain. What I ended up doing to get access to the console again was to edit openfire.xml and set setup to false, restart the server, connect to 9090 with a web browser, step through the initial setup process again, restart the server, and then login as admin. The restart the server bit is critical because I have never been able to login to the server by clicking on that button at the end of the intial dialog without restarting the server before I do.

At this point I don’t have a clue what the problem was and the logging is not detailed enough to tell me.

whm wrote:

The restart the server bit is critical because I have never been able to login to the server by clicking on that button at the end of the intial dialog without restarting the server before I do.

This is a bug which should be fixed for 3.6.5.

Trippingisme, i think you should repeat the setup process as it was already suggested.

I would stop the service and edit the openfire.xml setup tag to read false. Then start the service and step through the server config again. make sure you enter all the server settings appropriately for your SSO.

Thanks Bill,

That seemed to work a treat. I can now get back into my admin consol and SSO is still working :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help everyone, I think we finally have this program working properly.

Cheers